Friday, August 22, 2008

The First Supper

If you believe in true love keep reading:

Steve and I are about to approach our 5 year anniversary on September 6th.

My morning texts from Steve yesterday read, "I love you and appriciate you more than u know!!" and "You are a great wife and I think you are a spectactular mom!" It was time for some generous payback.

At about 4:00 pm , Steve agreed to meet me at the new house later that day. I picked up my car from having its oil changed and told Steve that I also wanted to go to Target. I really didn't have to go to target, but I didn't want him to head to the house before me. Instead, I made a quick stop at Steve's favorite restaurant, and picked up some take out from Tahoe Joe's. Then it was off to the house.

At the house I unpacked the card table, chairs, table cloth, dishes, water and wine that had been stored in my car all day. I called Steve and told him I was on my way and for him to meet me there. I put the table in the kitchen and set it with all that I had brought. I removed the filet, green beans, and baked potato and arranged them on the plates along with the salad and railroad camp shrimp (a Tahoe Joe's favorite). I lit the candles and poured the wine. My stomach was turning nervously while I anxiously awaited Steve's arrival.

Steve pulled up and made his way up to the house. He paid careful attention to the newest construction that the workers had done that day. As he walked into the front rooms of the house he continued to admire the wood framing of the new house and was yet to notice the table set up in the kitchen. He walked down the hall way to the kitchen and finally noticed the lovely table of food that I had set up for us! SURPRISE!!

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in our new house. The atmosphere of our barely constructed and far from completed new house was super fun. Several neighbors honked as they drove by, already excited for us to join the community. I am looking forward to our house in Harlan Ranch to be complete!!
PS... I love my Husband!!

No comments: