I love my 2007 Yukon Denali.
Yes, I have had MANY problems with it. It is sort of a POS. It has been in the shop numerous times, it was in the shop for over a month this past spring, it's kinda falling apart, the navigation sucks, it has left us stranded because of the battery dying on numerous occasions. It gets horrible gas mileage. It is nasty dirty because I let my kids eat in it. But on the other hand...
- I love how big it is without being to big.
- The boys have their space in the back seat.
- My side view mirrors automatically fold in.
- The back gate/door had a button you push to shut it which is super great when you hands are full of children and groceries.
- Heated steering wheel. Nice on cold winter mornings.
- The service department at Kitahara GMC is great.
- Third row seating.
- Has remote start which is great during the hot Fresno summers to get the AC running prior to entering the car.
- DVD player for the kids.
- I even love that Steve changed out the ugly red GMC logo on the grill for an all Chrome one.
- It's All-Wheel-Drive which is great for when I throw the snow boards in the back and head up to Sierra Summit.
- I feel safe when driving it.
Well, today Steve and I are going car shopping. I hate car shopping to say the least. Do I really need a new car? No, not really. But the way Steve looks at it is that the car needs new tires, and wants to get rid of the car before the warranty expires, and as an opportunity to save some money. We are unfortunately not disciplined enough to pay for our cars outright, therefore sticking us with a pretty hefty car payment.
You'd think I'd learn by now not to get too attached to my car, because eventually Steve is going to make me get a new one.
But I will make peace with my inner materialistic demons and be face the fact that I will have to downsize, to in turn, save us money. Sigh.
So, if you have any car suggestions for me, I would love to hear them....