Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Some creatures were still sleeping yet some were already gabbin’.
The stockings were now empty and ready to be put away,
I have a feeling that today is going to be a lazy day.
When out of the bedroom arose such a scream,
I realized in a moment that it wasn’t a dream.
Carson was mad because his coaches didn’t have an engine,
Too bad he can’t use his new craftsman V-twin.
French toast and mimosas are the breakfast of choice,
While we eat, drink and listen to Brady exercise his voice.
Christmas Morning was the best it could be,
Santa was really good to us, especially ME.
A garbage truck from Santa was his only wish,
Yet Carson scored more toys than a kid could play with.
Brady got some chew toys, a barn and a sippy cup,
While Steve got a bicycle trainer, for when he heals up.
Momma made out like a bandit and got more than she hoped for,
With some champagne glasses and TWO camera lenses that surely made Steve quite poor.
A 50mm and one that extends from 24 to one oh five,
Straight into portrait photography I am going to dive.
How very proud uncle Blaine would be,
I made chicken enchiladas and Mexican rice as you can see.
For Mom and Paul joined us for Christmas EVE dinner,
And a hot game of Apples to Apples where I OF COURSE was the winner!!!
With New Years Eve readily on its way,
We have a few more parties and visitors to come and stay.
Cindy and Steve’s dad Sam are staying tonight,
Which means more presents, this cabin is quite a sight!!
Thank you Santa, Nana and Grandpa, Uncle Stephen and Auntie Ging,
We are still recovering from the ham and prime rib yummy dinner binge.
We have all that we could ever be thankful for,
And with every day I love my family that much more,
So today, I exclaim to you as you read my blog,
Hope you had a Merry Christmas, now I’m going to put on the fire, yet another log!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- I have never been to Europe but really want to go.
- I never seem to get enough sleep.
- I never follow a recipe exactly.
- I never get tired of Carson saying "I love you." (Today he even told me that I am his best friend as he gave me a hug.)
- I have never been arrested.
- I will never forget first night after meeting Steve when he pulled up to the stoplight and I said, "Are you following me?" and he replied, "No, you are following me."
- I will never have an immaculately clean house. I just recently gave up on this one.
- I will never have perfect skin, perfect hair or a perfect body.
- I will never stop fantasizing about having perfect skin, perfect hair or the perfect body.
- Spending my summers at Bass Lake will never get old.
- I will never have too many shoes.
- I have never met a swedish fish that I didn't like.
- I will never know why God took Shawna and Tammy so early in life, but trust that He knows what He is doing.
- I have never had an artificial Christmas tree nor will I ever.
- I never want to grow old without Steve by my side.
- I never want to relive the moment when I was told that I had Cancer.
- I never expected to be the mother of TWO boys.
- I have never seen the movie Twilight or it's sequel.
- My heart has never not melted when Brady smiles at me.
- I have never been fond of Spiders.
- I never cheat at board games.
- I have never seen a shooting star that I didn't make a wish upon.
- I never dreamed of having such an amazing life.
- I will never know what tomorrow might bring.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Was that my creatures would stop screaming, even the fish.
The stockings were actually hung by the chimney with care,
Unfortunately, St. Nick will not be finding them there.
The baby was all nestled and snug in his bed,
While Carson danced around demanding to be fed.
And mamma in her in her jammies, and daddy with a beer
Just realized that Christmas would soon be here.
When upstairs there arose a Brady from his crib,
I sprang from the computer and practically cracked a rib.
As I ran upstairs and tripped over some toys,
I realized, life is never boring, especially with two boys!
We will soon head to the cabin with hopes of new-fallen snow,
But first have to pack the tree, check out it's beauty below:
With my wishful thinking, I hope should appear,
With a husband who only has one good arm,
I knew in a moment, I would have to use my charm.
Calling on Grandpa and Nana, Suzanne and myself,
Steve, Carson and Brady and even the Elf on the Shelf.
Not to the home on Holly , but to the cabin at Bass Lake,
Hoping Santa’s nice list, is the list that we will make.
As I listen to the Carol of the Bells, and make cookies for all,
My Christmas shopping is done, no more trips to the mall.
The banisters all wrapped with garland, as I sip coffee from a cup,
Carson exclaimed when he saw it, that it really cheered him up.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
STEP 5: Now close your cover.