Tuesday, December 15, 2009

'Twas the Week Before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas, and my only wish,

Was that my creatures would stop screaming, even the fish.

The stockings were actually hung by the chimney with care,

Unfortunately, St. Nick will not be finding them there.

The baby was all nestled and snug in his bed,

While Carson danced around demanding to be fed.

And mamma in her in her jammies, and daddy with a beer

Just realized that Christmas would soon be here.


When upstairs there arose a Brady from his crib,

I sprang from the computer and practically cracked a rib.

As I ran upstairs and tripped over some toys,

I realized, life is never boring, especially with two boys!

We will soon head to the cabin with hopes of new-fallen snow,

But first have to pack the tree, check out it's beauty below:

With my wishful thinking, I hope should appear,

But a trainer or a lens from Santa my dear.

With a husband who only has one good arm,

I knew in a moment, I would have to use my charm.


Calling on Grandpa and Nana, Suzanne and myself,

Steve, Carson and Brady and even the Elf on the Shelf.

Not to the home on Holly , but to the cabin at Bass Lake,

Hoping Santa’s nice list, is the list that we will make.


As I listen to the Carol of the Bells, and make cookies for all,

My Christmas shopping is done, no more trips to the mall.


The banisters all wrapped with garland, as I sip coffee from a cup,

Carson exclaimed when he saw it, that it really cheered him up.



So I tell you this, with all of my might,
Merry Christmas to you, may you have a good-night.


4 comments:

Kristen Long said...

Bravo Patty!! That was just beautiful!! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!! I miss getting together with everyone! Lindsey and I just made some snowball cookies! She wore my apron that I made at Aunt Julies one year.. remember she always had some sort of craft for us to do!! Merry Christmas to you all!

Kristen

Stacey said...

I am in the holiday spirit now, for sure!!

Suzanne Jenkins said...

haha i love it. totally describes your life.

Cathy said...

Ha that was great!