Friday, December 11, 2009

Unfinished Business

I was getting ready to write this blog and I had an "ah-ha" moment or in other words, "and so it hit me." It seems as though there is so much to do and not enough time in the day to do it. This, my fellow blog readers (all two of you), is the story of my life.

**Let me first make a disclaimer: Steve had shoulder surgery on November 24th to repair a torn labrum, a torn rotator cuff and to shave a bone spur. He is recovering nicely but his right arm is in a sling and has very limited movement. This translates to him not being able to pick up the children, change diapers, do dishes, etc.

Long story short....

Steve + Surgery = More Work For Me.

I have been hustling and bustling and feel as though I am only going in circles. I know I am making progress but at little rate of success. Check out the following examples....

OUR CHRISTMAS TREE
The annual Christmas tree acquisition was quite entertaining this year as it involved Suzanne and I unloading it out of the truck and carrying it into the house by ourselves.

"You want me to do what??" - Suzanne

That was a picture that should have been taken.

So, here the bare naked Christmas Tree stands.... waiting to be decorated. (Notice the one lonely ornament that Carson added himself. He can't wait to get started.)


OUR CHRISTMAS CARDS
I opted this year for the simple "just-order-them-off-the-internet" approach this year. Sorry, nothing cute or extravagant this year. :( However, I have been working on addressing, sealing, and stamping these ALL week. I FINALLY finished last night and yet they still sit on my kitchen table waiting to be sent. You will get them before Christmas... maybe...


OUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS
There they are... The Christmas presents, minus a few that are hidden in the garage and at Grandma's house. I do have to admit that ALL of my Christmas Shopping in DONE!! Can I get a Hallelujah? I did most of my shopping on-line because shopping with 2 kids is impossible. Now I just have to figure how to wrap all this darn stuff. Don't look to hard, you might see something you are not supposed to. (P.S. Those hottie Sorel's are for ME.)

Click here to see what Steve is getting for Christmas: Shhhhh


OUR BATHROOM
It is because of all the Christmas activities and children raising that my poor house is being neglected. It may appear as though I am airing my dirty laundry all over the internet, but truth be told, nobody reads this silly thing and it is actually clean laundry that needs to be put away.

This is were my "Ah-ha" moment came into place. As I sit here this morning enjoying a wonderful cup of joe made especially for me by my amazing husband (now there is something he can do with one hand!!), I realized that if I wasn't sitting her wasting time typing this silly blog that nobody reads, I could be decorating my tree, wrapping presents or cleaning my house.

However, filling you in on my "Unfinished Business" somehow seemed fulfilling on this dreary, rainy morning. So be it.


7 comments:

Deaners said...

I read your blog Patty. I wrote the same thing on Amanda's blog. Feel free to air your laundry any time since I'm no longer on FB.

Alicia said...

I read!!

Amanda Evans said...

I love the ONE ornament on the tree. Too cute! I, also, have not sent my cards. BUT, half of them (50ish) are stamped and ready, I just need to take my butt to the post office! :-)
And I hear you about being the only one who can take care of things these days. 149 days and counting! Oh, and didn't you read my funk blog? Very similar...

Kylie, since 1982 said...

I read :) my cards have been sitting addressed and ready for days. I need stamps. Work and moving and wedding planning have impeded my errand running. I've got a good ten days I figure...

Unknown said...

Oh my Dear Patty, I read your blog more now even after I talk to you every day and you sometimes run your life fast forward for me over the phone, but somehow it is really putting a smile on my face and in my heart to have a daughter like you...who is also so darn funny, loving, smart, pretty and a darn good blog writer.

Team Hayes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Hayes said...

What? You really can't put a Christmas tree in the house by yourself? I've had no choice for the past couple years, but even this year, with Brad here, if I didn't do it, we wouldn't have one!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=16654905&albumID=543438&imageID=3462038

I can't wait for your Christmas card! I am using tacky boxed cards + printed Christmas letter, but I haven't gotten my special stamps in the mail yet! So, my cards might end up being president's day cards again. :)