Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Twas the Day AFTER Christmas

'Twas the day after Christmas, and all through the cabin,

Some creatures were still sleeping yet some were already gabbin’.

The stockings were now empty and ready to be put away,

I have a feeling that today is going to be a lazy day.


When out of the bedroom arose such a scream,

I realized in a moment that it wasn’t a dream.

Carson was mad because his coaches didn’t have an engine,

Too bad he can’t use his new craftsman V-twin.


French toast and mimosas are the breakfast of choice,

While we eat, drink and listen to Brady exercise his voice.


Christmas Morning was the best it could be,

Santa was really good to us, especially ME.

A garbage truck from Santa was his only wish,

Yet Carson scored more toys than a kid could play with.


Brady got some chew toys, a barn and a sippy cup,

While Steve got a bicycle trainer, for when he heals up.


Momma made out like a bandit and got more than she hoped for,

With some champagne glasses and TWO camera lenses that surely made Steve quite poor.


A 50mm and one that extends from 24 to one oh five,

Straight into portrait photography I am going to dive.


How very proud uncle Blaine would be,

I made chicken enchiladas and Mexican rice as you can see.

For Mom and Paul joined us for Christmas EVE dinner,

And a hot game of Apples to Apples where I OF COURSE was the winner!!!


With New Years Eve readily on its way,

We have a few more parties and visitors to come and stay.

Cindy and Steve’s dad Sam are staying tonight,

Which means more presents, this cabin is quite a sight!!


Thank you Santa, Nana and Grandpa, Uncle Stephen and Auntie Ging,

We are still recovering from the ham and prime rib yummy dinner binge.

We have all that we could ever be thankful for,

And with every day I love my family that much more,


So today, I exclaim to you as you read my blog,

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, now I’m going to put on the fire, yet another log!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

LOVE IT!! What a cute poem! Enjoy those lenses...I'm wishing for a Nikon D90 (maybe for my birthday?!) - or should I say, "I am SAVING for a D90!"

Stacey said...

I NEED a 50mm lens, too! Where's Hannukah Harry when you need him?

(love the poem!)