Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Creative Memories "HOW TO"

I frequently get phone calls from friends asking me how to put their Creative Memories albums back together. It is an impossible task to describe over the phone and usually results in me having to fix it for them.

In response to the mass phone calls (which BTW, I don't mind), I have attempted to make a step by step "How To" put your CM albums back together.

Please leave comments and let me know if you were able to follow and understand the directions, but most of all, did it help YOU put your album back together?

STEP 1: Lace the plastic strips through your pages so they look like this:


STEP 2: Add the plastic strip. (Your album comes with TWO. One for the front cover and one for the back.



STEP 3: Add your Cover like this

And pull the plastic strip through, like this:


STEP 4: The next step is usually the most confusing; feeding the plastic straps through the plastic strip. Feed the strap down into the closest hole first....


Then pull the strip UP through the next hole like this and pull tight:


STEP 5: Now close your cover.


Then open it back up and the strip will have moved to the cover side like this. At this point you can give the plastic strap a little extra tug to make sure it is snug.

If you close your album again... I will look like this.


Next, you can add your spine like this by slipping into the cover.


And now... VOILA! Your album is magically put together.


You can add pages from either the front or back cover. This example is done from the front.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I have confused you even more.

17 comments:

KristiR said...

Where was the "how to" 5 years ago? It would have saved you hours of talking me through it...Luckily, I have mastered it!!

Suzanne Jenkins said...

BORING!!!!!!!!! You're an amazing scrapbooker but come on now...i don't wanna read "how to's" on putting together a photo album. i have a better idea scrapbookers....GO TO TARGET AND BUY ONE :) haha jk i love you and your blog!

Leah said...

I just wanted to thank you for this step by step. I've had an album for over 10 years and never put it together. Thanks to your clear instructions I finally got to tick that off my to do list. Bless you!
-Leah

Unknown said...

Thank you! This was super helpful!

Kee said...

You are a life saver! Haha. It has been over ten years since I have used a creative memories album...I had to reassemble one of my old ones and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. You are awesome. :)

Joe Scorza said...

It was our daughter's wedding album from August 2003 assembled by my sister as a gift when she visited a few weeks later. It remained sturdy and beautiful for 'oer these many years, until we needed to take a few pages to an event. OH NO!!! Once back I fiddled and fumbled for an hour before discovering your simple steps. Thank you for my today's "learn something new".

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!! Mine was a gift album which the recipient disassembled. I had a terrible time putting the cover back on, failing repeatedly, until I found your tutorial.

Charlie L said...

Thanks
You're a godsend lovely lady.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I have been battling with this for ages. Good instructions .

Aunt Suzy said...

Thank you SOOO much! I knew I could do it with a little help! Mission accomplished. You are so kind to taken the time to have created such a professional and easy to follow instructional! Now can you teach me to make sourdough bread and cultured butter?

Lori said...

This was fabulous! I watched so many tutorials on You tube and I still could not get it! The pictures were fabulous! I could actually tell how to! Thank you so much!

Nancy said...

I just wasted over 3hours trying to remember how to do it, just started scrapbooking again after many years...finishing up books I started years ago.
Thank you so much for this!!
Nancy

Trish said...

Yes Thanks so much - I bought a Creative Memories album 20 years ago and never put it together - the post week I have been working on it and finished... but could not for the life of me figure out how to put it together - your pictures did the trick!!!
Thanks!!!

Unknown said...

Very helpful!! I still have a slight problem...hopefully I can describe...I do fine until the last step (not replacing the spine) with one last tug to tighten. It seems a little wobbly even after another tug :( Hope you get the gist. Any tips? Thanx very much!!

LyraB said...

Thank you - this is extremely helpful! I wish I had a better way of tightening the straps, though. My albums always seem loose.

Connie Genger said...

THANK YOU! After looking at several youtubes on this without success, this makes it as easy as it really can be. You're a life-saver!

Unknown said...

What a relief to get your clear description on how to assemble the album. The enclosed directions were so vague, I would never have worked it out. Thanks.