Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Boy Mom?

What does it mean to be a "Boy Mom"?

The question has been stirring in my mind for a week now. The news of having another boy is still trying to sink in. I have tried to sit down several times and blog about it but I am not quite sure where my thoughts are at this point. So, today I am just going to type. I am so excited to have another boy. A little disappointed that I we are not having a girl, but definitely excited that we are having another boy. Just think of all the things that we already have for Carson that we get to utilize over again. The cost savings! $$$$!!! And best, a little brother for Carson to play with.

So, back to the real question... What does it mean to be a boy mom? Many friends and family have congratulated me on having another boy and some have mentioned that I will make a great boy mom?? Hmmmmmm?? What does that really mean?? It makes me think of being a rough and tough soccer mom and eventually a crazy mother-in-law to their wives. Or does it mean missing out on pedicures, princesses and long chats on the phone? Not really sure. I guess I will just have to be the best mom I can be and see what happens!

I am truly thankful to be blessed with two little boys. God had it in his plan for me and I plan to enjoy every moment of it. Carson is going to make a great big brother. We are excited to grow our family and are glad that we have wonderful family and friends to share our love and experiences with.

1 comment:

Amanda Evans said...

I am excited for you! Being a BOY mom is the best!!! :-) Love ya!