Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Wolf in Orange Clothing

This weeks contest over at I Heart Faces is the color "ORANGE".

I have tons of cool pictures with orange in them, considering that orange IS my favorite color and all...

BUT, this week I feel that the "orange" story is way better than the "orange" picture.


There he was, on his death bed last march, anticipating opening day for the Giants at AT&T Park. Somehow he managed to have a laptop and credit card handy to purchase tickets for that special day that he and his wife refused to miss. His dad told him that he'd figure out a way to get him there no matter what.

But unfortunately, Blair passed away on March 24, 2010 just two weeks before opening day.

His wife, Heather, my best friend and I, fulfilled the promise that was made to him and took "him" to Opening day. Notice the little bottle in my hand. :)

As a die hard Los Angeles Dodger fan, I swallowed every bit of blue pride I had and put on an "ORANGE" and black Giants shirt to wear to opening day in honor of Blair Weber.

It was Blair's dream of the Giants winning the World Series. And as you may have recently recalled, the Giants finished off THIS season winning the World Series.

Here's to you Blair.

And may I NEVER wear ORANGE and black again!!


5 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the title of this blog! Awesome memory. Awesome friend.

Kaysie said...

That's such a special and great way to remember and honor your friend.

ARK said...

here-here! Great post and great remembrance...

Christina said...

That is a great story...and I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
We are Rangers' fans...we live in Dallas, and it was such an exciting series to watch. That last game we were going nuts! Lincecum is amazing, I have to say, and that night I had a strange vision...in the mirror! I looked like him! Disconcerting to say the least! :) Of course I put it on my blog, haha. Anyway, I love your entry!

Lindsey Alves said...

What a great story! By the way, you look good in the Orange & Black.... =0)