Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Does that ring on your finger mean anything??

I was at a Real Estate meeting yesterday morning and was approached by a real estate professional for my business card. After receiving his, I, without thinking twice, reached into my purse and handed him one of my own. I truly believe that networking is what business is all about, especially in the real estate industry. This individual happens to be a recruiter from a very well known real estate company in the area. I walked away from what was about minute long conversation and thought to myself, "I am probably going to get a phone call from this guy trying to recruit me." And to my surprise, more like my complete and utter shock, I received the following e-mail instead:

"It was nice to meet you this morning. I would like to ask you to lunch, but I was wondering if that ring on your finger meant anything? lol"

Can you believe the nerve and disrespect?? I really wanted to reply with, "No, the ring on my finger is CZ and I only wear it to get rid of guys like you!" Needless to say, I shared the e-mail with Steve and he was also rather appalled. He thinks that I should send it to the HR department of that company.

After a long day of deliberation, my actual response was simply stated, "I am happily married."

And he still had the audacity to respond with, "Okey Dokie. Thanks for responding!"

Who types "Okey Dokie"????? So, I ponder the question, do I ruffle some feather and send it to HR? Nah. I think I am just going let it be and have it be a great story to tell. What do you think?

6 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

As tempting as it might be, don't forward it to the HR department! The guy is probably just lonely. But what a creep. Hey, how come my website isn't on your sidebar like everyone else's? I'm the original!!! love, Amanda

Deaners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deaners said...

I agree with Amanda. I wouldn't submit anything to HR unless it happened again. This is very inappropriate and not professional. He was probably listening to his audio book, "The Trekkies Guide To Communicating With A Lady" last night and thought he would apply what he learned.

Hey Amanda, at least your blog isn't at the bottom of the list.

Stacey said...

screw that! creepy dude needs to be reprimanded that his behavior is neither professional nor a great trick with the ladies.

On second thought, I don't have the best track record with my inability to back down to a fight. Maybe just let it go.

KristiR said...

I say let it be...He will get what he deserves someday!!

KristiR said...

So wait...should I get a ring? Could it help me wrangle in a man? :)