Friday, April 11, 2008

Scrapbook Crazy!

I am sure most of you who read this have heard about my friend Shawna who is battling the fight of her life against cancer. I just wanted to give a brief update on the situation and how amazed I am by the compassion of others.

First of all, after wondering what to do to help her, I created a website to help raise money for her medical treatments. In a little over 2 weeks we raised over $3500. A sincere thank you goes out to all of you who donated money and prayers!

Here is the donation site if anyone is still interested in donating:
http://shawnalynnkilbert.googlepages.com/

Second of all, my cousin Kristen all the way in Tennessee had an amazing idea to help Shawna get caught up on her scrapbooks. She thought she would get a few of her scrapbook friends to donate a few pre-made scrapbook layouts. To her amazement the idea evolved into so much more. Kristen posted a simple message on the Cricut message board and everyone wanted to help. Hundreds upon hundreds of layouts were being sent to Kristen. Complete strangers took time out to create absolutely beautiful layouts for Shawna. I am truly amazed by the generosity of others. If you have a moment and a box of Kleenex handy, I would recommend taking the time to check out this message board:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=1836884

It makes my heart melt.

1 comment:

Amanda Evans said...

Wow! That is amazing! I love how people come together in times of need, She is going to have so many scrapbook pages! Wow! Love, Amanda