Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ECLECTIC

Word of the day: Eclectic

I must say that my Mother's Day this year was much better than last year. My day started off with my husband delivering presents in bed. He gave me a little cross pendant for my necklace. While Carson gave me a beautiful tile with his hand prints that he made at Color Me Mine with his babysitter Suzanne. It was so sweet that I cried. Our morning progressed to breakfast at my mom's house. There to join us were Stephen and Paul. The crepes were rather delightful. The second half of the day is when the pampering truly began. I took the rest of the day for myself. I celebrated with friends (other mothers of course!) where we treated ourselves to some champagne, pedicures and an afternoon of girl-time. The husbands joined us for dinner to top off the day. I am honored to be a Mother!!


Speaking of motherhood... Today, I took Carson to go get his hair cut. He has always had so much hair for a baby and has always seemed to look like a little boy more than a baby. So, today I cut it all off!! No, I didn't buzz cut it but I did have it cut really short so we could spike it. I must say, it turned out pretty darn cute! The girl at "Cool Cuts" thought he was so cute she even took his picture with the Polaroid to post on the bulletin at the salon!



And that is not all friends..... Here is for the best part yet. Yesterday I received in the mail a plane ticket from my dear friend Jenny Grow, with a note saying come visit me. She is a flight attendant that lives in Colorado Springs, CO. I called her today and asked her when. She said, "TOMORROW!" So, in the morning, Carson and I are off to Colorado Springs. We are flying standby so please wish us luck as we will probably need it. (Amanda, don't send your luck!!, Well now that I think about it... Amy, don't send yours either!! I really can't get stuck in Colorado). Just send your best wishes for us as it will be Carson's first plane ride. I will post pictures when we return on Friday, hopefully!!

2 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

I LOVE the new hair cut! He looks so cute, and so much older! Parker is getting a mop on is head already but I don't want to cut it until his first B-day (not until Aug!). Good luck flying standby. We'll pray for you! Love, Amanda

Team Hayes said...

You'll have to blame Amanda for the transferance of bad standby luck because I didn't even read this blog until now! Hopefully she will still come back for Bass Lake so all the little cousins (including Carson, of course) can be together.

His hair is adorable.