Saturday, May 10, 2008

Every Age is the BEST Age

The day I brought Carson home from the hospital I held him in my arms and told my friend Sara, "He is so sweet and so little. I want him to stay like this forever." Sara, being the mother of two, replied with the most inspiring words a new mother could hear, "Every age is the best age." As I thought about it, I wondered how or if that could even be possible.


Now as I sit and reflect upon the last 15 months (almost 16 months) with Carson, I totally get it! Carson has grown so much in the last 15 months. Every day I wake up to enjoy his dimple enhanced smile and his beautiful blue eyes and I feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world.


Carson is not a baby anymore. He is becoming such a little boy. He is very independent with an occasional need for mom. His laugh is contagious. I know every mom believes that her child is the cutest, but I really do know that mine IS the cutest!! Right now Carson loves to eat blueberries and strawberries. He loves to be outside. He loves to climb on everything including the dog. Tenaya is his best friend. He loves Grandma's house and his babysitter Suzanne. He loves playing with all of Daddy's old hotwheels. He loves playing with cards, the cribbage board and dice (wonder where he gets that from??). He is a great sleeper but can't go to bed with out his orange blankie! His favorite toy is his cozy coupe that we named "Lil Billy." He like to help mommy get ready in the morning by playing with all her make-up brushes. Carson loves to brush his teeth. He says Mama, Dada, Grama, Tenaya (kinda), shoe, bath, ball, bottle, baby, bye bye, night night and a few others that aren't as regular. He can show you his belly, his nose and give you a high five. He is constantly on the go and just so much fun. I hove him so much and am truly blessed to have him in my life.









No comments: