Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Budget Lockdown

So, it is official, we are on Budget Lockdown. As we grow closer to trying for baby number two (AKA: Charlie Margarita), we realized that we would need another bedroom in our house. We currently have our room, Devin's room, Carson's room and an office that we are not willing to give up. We love our house and even more, our neighborhood. We looked at purchasing 5 bedroom in our neighborhood but came to quickly realize that we would not get our monies worth. Instead, we are looking to have a brand new house built in a new development exactly 2 miles east of where we are now, Harlan Ranch. The builder is Wilson Homes and the house is the Fordham Model. Steve and I have been stirring upon the idea for months now of how we are going to make this work financially. And well, we are going to just bite the bullet and do it. But rather than jumping big as we were originally thinking of doing, we are going to take a small step up. We are actually going to take advantage of the market and purchase this house without selling our house. We are seizing the opportunity, but at the same time pinching every penny to save for a down payment. This is something I struggle with. Granted I have never been frivolous with my spending, but when going to the grocery store and places like target, I tend to just buy what I want. Not any more!! And as far as gas prices go, I really think twice about heading out. I paid $4.45 at the pump yesterday and it cost me over $90 to fill up. I am not complaining (AMY), but just making it clear that I don't plan to be joy riding in the Denali.

The loan business has not been so hot lately in which Steve would love for me to get a "real" job. This is something I contemplate daily and seem to have no resolution in the matter. We will see in due time. I do believe that everything has a way of working itself out. So, in the meantime, I am declaring my commitment to conscious spending. Wish me luck!

No comments: