Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Charlie?

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept in weeks. My whole body was tired and felt heavy. I managed to drag myself out of bed because that is what you have to do when you have a 17 month old. with a list of things to do for the day, I arranged for Carson to spend the day with Grandma.

As we walked out the front door, Tenaya bolted for freedom. I secured Carson in his car seat and then tried to convince Tenaya to come home. She wouldn't have anything to do with me. Mind you, I am in my pajamas, the car is running and I am in the middle of the greenbelt, screaming at the top of my lungs as Tenaya is prancing around as though this is some sort of game to her. I was furious. Screaming louder and louder with every "Tenaya Come!" The next thing I know, my neighbor Michelle came out to see what all the commotion was about. I completely lost it. The keys went flying and the tears started flowing. It was then I knew something more was going on.

Michelle calmly took Tenaya inside to play with her dog, Pickles and I took Carson to Grandma's. then I took my long list of daily activities and tossed them aside and went back to bed. I woke up at 2:00pm with a craving for fast food. Who does that?? So, I ventured to Burger King then to Target to buy baby wipes, body wash and a pregnancy test. I picked up Carson and returned home, leaving the pregnancy test in the car.

I am not pregnant, I thought. I mean, how could I be?? We just started trying and my boobs are not sore. Yeah, my stomach has been hurting and feeling nauseous. Yeah, I was supposed to start a couple of days ago. Yeah, I am tired and emotionally unstable. But what's new?

I proceeded into the evening and watched Fresno State pound Georgia in the college baseball World Series. What an amazing series.... Go FRES-NO-STATE!!!

Half way through the game I received a phone call from Keithly (Heather Church). We have always had an unspoken friendship that goes deeper than words. She just knows, and this time was no different. She had a feeling. Not sure exactly what the feeling was but it made my lazy but go to the car to retrieve that darn pregnancy test and pee on it! By golly, it said that I was pregnant!

I called Michelle over for a second opinion because Steve was at water polo practice. She agreed that there were two lines. I was not sure how to feel so I just paced the house.

Steve came home and was watching the game highlights on ESPN while I was talking to cousin Amanda on Skype. She asked me if we were "officially trying." I mentioned that there was a pregnancy test on the counter that Steve was too blind to notice. And well, long story coming to an end, he found the test and realized that I am pregnant!!

I am only a couple weeks along so I will have to schedule a doctor's appointment to make sure all is well, but will definitely keep you all posted. Here's to Baby Charlie!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

woo-hoo!!!

congrats

love, cousin stace

KristiR said...

...as you were driving with your burger in tote, explaining to KristiR your crazed day, she said, "Your preggers, you had a you've been a little hormonal recently, you had a small melt down today, and then slept the rest, and in the 6 years I have known you...you have NEVER said, I just picked up a burger, pee on a stick!!"

Amanda Evans said...

We are super excited for you guys!

Think PINK!!!

Love, Amanda