Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Independence Weekend










I have been trying to sit down and blog about the 4th of July Holiday, but have been too busy. So, I am going to make it brief and just post some pictures.

But first I want to say sorry for jumping the gun and letting the cat out of the bag early. I announced my pregnancy at only 4 weeks along. Unfortunately, on Thursday, at only 5 1/2 weeks along, Aunt Flo came to visit and I miscarried. Am I bummed? Yes. Am I ok? Yes. We were fortunate to get pregnant without having to try very long and I wasn't that far along. We will continue to try in the coming months. And, I actually want to get some medical things in regards to my thyroid taken care of before I get pregnant. So, better luck to us next time!

As for the 4th... Kristi R. and Jen came to visit from San Francisco on Thursday night and stayed through Sunday. (It was great to get my mind off of things, if you know what I mean!!) Then we spent Saturday morning at Millerton Lake before hanging out on the greenbelt the rest of the afternoon and well into the evening. The neighborhood kids had a parade. Sweet Jordan Browning enjoyed the opportunity to pull Carson in the wagon for the 2nd year in a row. It was really cute.

On Saturday we spent the day at Bass Lake. We dropped Carson off at Nana and Grandpa's in Oakhurst and enjoyed an adult day on the lake.

On Sunday we were visited by Jodi and Dean as they made a quick stop through Fresno on their way home from Bakersfield. It was so great to see the twins. They are getting so big and not to mention CUTE!! I was sad that Carson was not feeling well and did not get to hang out. He had a fever that ranged between 101 and 103 from Saturday to Monday. Doctor said it was just a virus and that he would be fine. The fever broke Monday afternoon and he has been feeling a little better each day.
Now the the countdown is officially on for BASS LAKE 08!! Woo HOOOOOOO!

1 comment:

Nae Espi said...

sorry to hear your news about "baby charlie"...see, maybe we can have our babies at the same time again!!

xoxo