Monday, September 8, 2008

Five for Thirty-One

Sometimes spontaneity results in more fun than actually having a plan.

Steve and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Saturday with a last minute trip to Bass Lake for the night. I was sad on Friday because we couldn't decide what to do for our anniversary and didn't want to spend a lot of money doing anything. The weekend prior we had to cancel plans to camp at Bass Lake because of a sick Carson, so we made up for it this weekend. Suzanne took care of Carson while we rendezvoused to Bass Lake with a tent, chips & salsa, 2 rafts, a cribbage board and an ice chest with some cold coronas.

We arrived, found an available campsite at the Forks campground. We set up camp, played a game of cribbage, floated on the lake, set up our tent, played a game of cribbage, walked to the Forks for a Meal, then came back made a fire and played more cribbage under the glow of a Coleman lantern!!

We woke up the next morning next to a beautiful lake, packed up camp, had breakfast and a birthday Sunday at the Forks and headed back down the hill to get ready for my party.

Mark and Ginger graciously hosted a last minute Pool Party at their house for my birthday. It was super fun!!

Sometimes when I plan and anticipate a grand time, the actual event doesn't always live up to my expectations. I feel that last minute splurges are often the most fun!! This weekend was definitely an example of that. It truly was one of the best anniversary/birthday weekends I have had!!

No comments: