Friday, December 19, 2008

It just isn't Christmas until....

....we get to open the presents in our stockings that Santa has brought us!!


I must commend Cousin Jodi for helping us to recall our special Christmas memories. It has been a treat to reflect upon my own as well as to read those of my family members. I thought I'd share a few of my personal favorites.

It just isn't Christmas until.....you find the DT in one of Diane's Christmas cards (Jodi)

It just isn't Christmas until.......Patty gets the last spoon! (Barbara)

It just isn't Christmas until....I can silence Patty's competitive spirit after running a clinic in Apples to Apples. (Dean) -

It just isn't Christmas until... we wear oversized T-shirts and make up a dance to the Beach Boys! (Amanda)

It just isn't Christmas until....I get saddled with a Milli Vanilli CD or other undesirable gift after a fierce white elephant gift exchange. (Dean)

It just isn't Christmas until... We have done one of Aunt Julie's crafts! (Kristen) - This year it will be her maxi pad slippers!! I can't wait!!

It just isn't Christmas until....A new guest whips the egg whites for the abelskivers on Christmas morning. (Amy)

It just isn't Christmas until... I have shared a toothbrush (and no toothpaste) in the car with the Cheatham sisters. (Patty)

Gosh, there were sooooo many good ones. It was hard to pick just a few of my favorites.

As we prepare for Christmas, I am really trying hard to stay positive to that holiday spirit. This nice little exercise was definitely helpful.

On Monday, Carson and I drove to Salinas/Monterey to visit friends. We unfortunately had to cut our trip short, as I came down with a terrible winter cold virus. Only to have Steve and Carson sick as well. However, Carson and I were able to share a night at the beautiful Monterey Marriott on Monday night. It was like a mini vacation. The two of us slept in our big cozy beds of white linens and down pillows. We ordered room service and enjoyed sipping coffee (OJ for Carson) as we viewed the beautiful Monterey Bay from our ocean front corner suite!!




Upon returning to Clovis, I have spent the better part of the week trying to get better. Carson is currently fighting a fever of 102. Hopefully we will all be better in time for Christmas. Actually, I hope we are better before then, because I still have Christmas shopping to finish up.

No Coal for you!!!!

No comments: