Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, How lovely is thy train underneath!


I had to post a picture of the pies I made for Thanksgiving that feature the amazing pie crust cutters that I purchased from Williams Sonoma! In my opinion, they totally made the pies taste better!!

The holidays have always been a stressful time for me. My parents divorced when I was 4 years old and during the holidays I always bounced between my mom's house and my dad's house. Wanting to spend the holidays with my mom but knowing that I was going to have more fun with all my cousins on my dad's side. As I grew older, the decision grew more difficult as well. Then I went on to marry someone with divorced parents who also has a son that divides time between parents. Mothers, Fathers, step-moms, step dads, mom's boyfriends and dad's girlfriends.... so many family members to love and even more to get to purchase presents for.

I am trying really hard to enjoy the holiday spirit this year. Thankfully Carson is helping me find my inner child that loves Christmas. Carson is almost 2 and is really excited about all the festivities. He is thankful for the Christmas tree, Santa Claus, snowmen and candy canes. Every morning he wakes up, comes downstairs to open a door on the "train" advent calendar and finds a chocolate Hershey's kiss. But I would have to say his favorite is the "choo choo" train that Grandpa Tjerrild (papa) gave him on Thanksgiving to go around the Christmas tree! Carson has learned to make the train go forward, stop and go in reverse. A true train conductor with the most amazing passion for trains.

As my belly grows bigger, I try every day to put the 1st trimester of my pregnancy behind me. I want to feel better but every time I think I do, I have a day that I feel miserable again. When we ask Carson if he wants a baby brother or baby sister he replies with a baby tractor!!!

The house is another thing you are probably wondering about.... Well, the brief update on it is that we officially walked away from it. We have hired an attorney to try and recover our $30K deposit. Still no word as to if we will see any of that money ever again. Ugh!!

Well, until next time....
Enjoy the Holidays, eat way too many Christmas cookies and wear at least one hideous Christmas sweater!

3 comments:

Deaners said...

Patty,
Thank you for sharing your personal feelings about the holidays. It's tough for me to keep the main thing, the main thing. There are times where I catch myself and have to be reminded what Thanksgiving and Christmas are really about. They shouldn't be stressful, if anything they should be welcomed but there are so many elements that desire to alter the pure enjoyment of the holidays. Hope your Christmas is truly merry and jolly. - Dean

Kylie, since 1982 said...

I hope you guys can make it down the weekend of the 20th for Jane's birthday! Jodi, Dean, the girls, and my mom will be down... I would love to have a pre-Christmas get together. Tree's up and while we don't have a cool train, we have a Santa's village! Come over to play, we'll make cookies and be silly in true Tjerrild tradition! Spread the word...

Stacey said...

Cousin P...

First, you look amazing, beautiful, happy. None of us will hear you complain about pregnancy anymore!
Secondly, I love you and am glad that sometimes you chose to be with the cousins. I am now understanding how difficult things can get.

Love you,
Stacey