Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heaven's a little brighter today

We watched him take his last breath.
We watched his heart beat it's last beat.
We stood there and cried.

I can't get those last few moments of his life out of my mind. It keeps replaying over and over again as though my mind is stuck on rewind and play, rewind and play, rewind and play.

He was a husband.
He was a father.
He was a son.
He was a friend.

He was way to young.

I realize that it is all in God's plan but sometimes I just don't understand.

My heart hurts today.

My heart REALLY hurts.

I am so proud of Heather for her strength. She is amazing. She is at peace. I love her with all my heart.

Love will heal her heart.

May we keep our memories of Blair alive and well in the eyes of Grant. May Grant grow up to make his father proud. Very proud. I know he will and Blair will be watching down on him along the way.

He is a father.
He is a husband.
He is a son.
He is my friend.

Cheech and Chong forever.


3 comments:

Dbartell said...

Very well said Patty:)

Stacey said...

I am so sad. And I hardly knew him. Oh, Heather! and Grant! Please let them know I'm stopping and praying for them right now.

Unknown said...

Patty,
Thank you for expressing what our family feels, but can't find the words to say. Blair knew his friends were there for him.

Barry and Janet