Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Confessions of a stay-at-home Mom

1. I can't go without a cup coffee in the morning. Some mornings require TWO cups

2. Pedicures (and wine) make my kids more tolerable. (even better when they are combined)

3. I am lucky to shower at least every other day. Showering is a major event in this household.

4. I wear the same black work out pants EVERY day. (Just ask Suzanne)

5. Make-up application is a completely different story. I am lucky to apply make-up after every OTHER shower.

6. I dream about extravagant tropical vacations and sipping cocktails on the beach. I hope my future holds one (a vacation and a cocktail) for me soon.

7. This is how I feed Brady. (don't judge)

8. I let Carson have candy on a regular basis. It gives me bribing power, and it works. (again, don't judge)

9. Naptime is my favorite time of the day. A close second is reading to Carson at bedtime and getting Brady and his smiley face out of his crib in the morning. He is always so happy!!

10. Visions of a clean house dance in my head. A clean house only happens on the rare exception I get to hire the house keeper, but seems to only last for a day or so.

11. I would not be able to function as a mother without the help of my mother, Grandma Heidy, who does more than her share as a Grandma.

12. I look forward to Steve coming home everyday and realize that I am extremely thankful for him.

13. I refuse to keep those 10 extra pounds that my children left on my body. I am working hard to get rid of them. That includes counting calories, working out regularly, and lots of cardio.

14. I love my children even though they drive me completely crazy!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I just read cathy's blog with confessions, too! Love this! And, of course I will never judge you, lest you judge me!