Friday, April 30, 2010

iCaved

I prolonged the decision as long as I could. But unfortunately it was inevitable, I was going to have to get a new phone at some point which meant I was going to have to decide between getting another Blackberry or getting an iPhone....

That point was last week when after 2 years and 3 months my trusty Blackberry was finally on its deathbed.

I walked into the AT&T store with no idea which one I was going to choose. And after an hour of deliberating, I threatened to leave making no decision because I just COULDN'T decide. However, my mother was with me and told me that I had to make a decision before leaving. So, after pulling several clumps of my hair out over a heated debate with the store manager, I developed some pros and cons of the two devices:

BLACKBERRY:
  • BBM (BlackBerry instant Messanger) - The greatest thing since text messaging. It tells you when your message has been sent and when it has been read.
  • Deleting of Emails - Yes, from my wonderful blackberry I can delete emails on both my phone and in my hotmail inbox.
  • The Keyboard - I love typing on the Blackberry keyboard as opposed to the touch screen on the iphone.
  • Reliable - I have had the same blackberry for 2 years and 3 months. It had been dropped and slobbered upon by TWO children and still managed to live a full happy life.
  • Ryan Bassetti will continue to text me on my Blackberry but not the iphone
iPHONE
  • WORDS WITH FRIENDS
  • Photo viewing - I love the big screen on the iphone for looking at pictures of my super cute kids.
  • Google Maps - Got lost in SF the other night and thankfully some random girls on the street had an iphone and were able to navigate us up one more block to our hotel. It was super cool.
  • Weather Application
  • Tetris
  • Did I mention Words with Friends?
  • Games for entertaining Carson
  • Safari - Internet navigation is much easier on the iphone
  • Digital Voicemail

The manager at AT&T convinced me that the future of technology in happening with the development of the iphone. I am a sucker for technology and love to try new things....

I am now the proud owner of an iPhone G3S.

Yes Dean, I paid $199 for scrabble and it is TOTALLY worth every penny!!


Goodbye Blackberry. I will always love you...



Hello iPhone.... Welcome to my world. You and your orange cover are just so darn stylish. I am excited for what our future together holds.

4 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

YEAH!!!! Now you can be cool like us!!!

Amanda Evans said...

PS- Clever Title!

Alicia said...

What is your word with friends user name? I play too!! I'm simply agranberg...find me!

Jen (and Zac) said...

I want to play Word with Friends . . . can I play it from my iTouch?