I have been putting it off all day because I just couldn't decide what to blog about. I am now up against the clock and going to make it happen. So, I thought I'd reflect a little on my very unproductive day and reveal some confessions in the life of a stay-at-home mommy.
My Monday Confessions...
1. This morning I drove 25 minutes across town to take Carson to school. After dropping him off, Brady and I decided to go to the gym that is near Carson's school. However, Brady left his "Bebe" (aka. baby blanket) at home. He screamed bloody murder for it and refused to go into the gym without it, so I drove all the way home to get it before going to the gym. And I wonder why my kids are spoiled.
2. I had a date with JIM. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. Can I get a whooop whooop??
3. After picking up Carson from school, we came home, put Brady down for a nap, and I attempted to take a nap too. Notice the word "attempted".... Yeah, try taking a nap with a needy 4 year old. Doesn't work very well.
4. While trying to nap, Carson made me cut his toe nails. Really Carson? I am trying to sleep!! Does this have to happen right now?? Yes. Apparently it did.
5. I fixed Mac n Cheese with hot dogs for dinner. And not just for the kids. One of our family favorites. Shhhhh.... Don't tell anyone.
6. I selfishly made Gingersnaps tonight for myself instead of the Chocolate Chip cookies that everyone else loves. No one else likes gingersnaps, but I do. Just means more for me to eat.
7. I mentioned to Steve that I did not receive a single birthday gift for my birthday last month. Not one single gift. Yep. Wow. You know you are getting old when you don't get to unwrap anything for your birthday. Kinda sad. But whatever, I'm not bitter or anything. So, tonight, Steve brought home a cake and a present. The kids sang "Happy Birthday" and I unwrapped a Sonicare toothbrush.... (silence). I love my practical husband more than anything in the world.
8. I secretly (not so secretly anymore) dreamed of living in Salinas today. Moving back is not really an option so I really should stop daydreaming about it. But it is a nice thought every now and again.
9. I confess that this blog entry is really boring and I sincerely apologize. This whole blog writing thing is not like riding a bike, it takes some getting used to again.
10. I really really stayed up way to late.
But here's to me back on the blog.