Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pancakes vs. NASCAR!

So it has been a few days since my last post. I just put Carson down for a nap and made some incredible pancakes!! Those of you who know my dad know that he makes the absolute BEST homemade buttermilk pancakes. Normally I don't even try to compete, but my mom bought me a package of 10 grain pancake mix. You know, the kind that taste like they are healthy for you!! Well, I made them this morning and added blueberries and apple sauce!! They were fabulous!! But I ruined some of the healthyness by added syrup. Oh, well.


So there are a few things I can Blog about today. One is the fact that I am so thankful for friends and family. Last night a good friend called me at about 9pm crying. Her 11 month old son had a severe case of pneumonia and needed to be rushed to the emergency room. However, they couldn't leave their 3 year old. I was out the door as I was hanging up the phone. It really made me feel good that they felt that they could call me and I was able to help out. They don't have any family in town to rely on in situations like this. I am truely thankful for the opportunity to help. I truely belive that friends are the family that you choose. I am fortunate to have family close and good friends. And luckily the baby was sent home with some antibiotics and looks like he is going to be fine, hopefully in a few days.



And lastly, I know some of you (DEAN) are probably anxious to hear about the NASCAR race in VIVA Las Vegas! It was amazing, to say the least. I really was nervous the whole week prior because I didn't know what to expect. It is such a huge event. We flew into Vegas on Saturday. Sunday morning a friend that works in Vegas picked us up at our hotel (The Rio) and took us to the track. We went early so we could look around and absorb the whole experience. When we got there we walked right up to the live on-air Nascar RaceDay with Kenny Wallace, Jimmy Spencer and John Roberts. It was super cool. If you were watching the Speed channel you probably saw us.


As for the race, our seats were in the top of the last section of the bleachers. They were not real close up but had a great view of the track! As we sat there waiting for the race to start I grew more and more anxious. "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines" Wow, super exciting. Then the cars warmed up with some laps around the track then came the green flag. I about cried it was so amazing. You could feel the horsepower in your stomach as they raced around the track. To feel the cars, hear the cars, see the cars, and even smell the cars as they raced around the track for
the first time was truely an experience I will never forget.

The only bad part of the day was that Jimmie Johnson had a really bad race car and didn't do so well. (That is Jimmie right there in this picture. He is the first one right behind the post.) But at least Jimmie finished which is more than we can say for Jeff Gordon (glad he is ok) and Tony Stewart. We came to the conclusion that Tony crashed because he was leaning over to grab a twinkie and his hair got in his face! Bummer! I really don't understand Tony Stewart fans but that is another blog for another day.

So long story short, if you have never been to a NASCAR Race, you really should try it because it is amazing.

Until next time... Go Jimmie Johnson!

No comments: