Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love is in the Air

I would first like to mention that I would keep up on my blog more regularly had I had a better computer. My current computer doesn't always allow me to log on to Google and has recently had difficulties uploading pictures to my blog. So, I am just going to make due with the "two" pictures it did upload.

Steve and I discussed spending Valentine's Day at Tenaya Lodge this year but didn't want to spend the money (considering we just purchased all new bedroom furniture for the baby and the fact I need a new computer!!) We were married at Tenaya Lodge so it holds a special place in our hearts. We have spent many previous Valentine's Days and Anniversaries there. On the Thursday before, I broke down and said the heck with it. I called Tenaya Lodge and booked our rooms!! Thankfully when looking up our account, the receptionist noticed that we were "Friends and Family" which allowed us for an unbelievable discount!! I was beyond thrilled!!

We drove up on Saturday, missing the storm, traffic, and 4 hour delay on Friday! We checked in to our Cottage at the previous Apple Tree Inn (now "the Cottages at Tenaya Lodge). Our room was decent but the fireplace definitely helped the ambiance.

Sunday we woke up, ate breakfast and headed out to catch our ride.... a horse drawn sleigh that took us for a ride thru the snow filled forest. Only then to return for lunch and to watch the start of the Daytona 500 in the bar. Behind Tenaya, were we actually had our wedding reception and ceremony, they had a snow hill and skating rink. We slid down the hill a few times and skipped ice skating. Then after naptime we had dinner then went swimming! It was super fun.

I must say that I am shocked by the current state of our economy. In a country that is considered "struggling", it is amazing how many people were vacationing at Tenaya Lodge. The lodge, lobby, restaurants were all full. I have never seen so many families there. To know what families spent on rooms, food and activities such as skiing, ice skating and sleigh rides, it is a wonder how our economy is "struggling."

We escaped on Monday morning as the storm began to hit, but made it out safely. The drive down Highway 41 was completely white and covered in snow. Absolutely beautiful!!
It was a fun family filled weekend. We are thankful to have taken Carson with us to enjoy the activites. Carson loved playing in the snow. We really had a great time.


No comments: