Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here I Sit


Today I sit.

I sit in front of my new iMac trying to figure it out. I have decided that the iMac is pretty cool but it is taking some definite getting used to . We purchased the rather large 24-inch widescreen and now I have to wear sunglasses to sit in front of my computer. My biggest frustration thus far is trying to figure out how to print. The printer settings are confusing and the drivers are apple. Ugh!! I might need to get some help in this area because I just can't seem to get it to work the way I want to.

As for lately, I can't believe all that has happened in the last few weeks. I have been rather overwhelmed with emotions both good and bad.

Let me remind you what has been going on in my life the last month and a half.

1. My uncle Jim passed away
2. Attended funeral in Salinas
3. Spent a week in Newport Beach
4. Took Carson to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo
5. Shawna Kilbert passed away and attended yet another funeral!!
6. My brother announced that he is planning to divorce Cassie
7. Made an offer on a cabin at Bass Lake with my Dad and Debbie (made 3 trips to Bass Lake in 1 week)
8. Have already eaten two "Meals" at The Forks
9. Offer was accepted and we are now in escrow - escrow to close: May 15th
10. Celebrated Easter in Salinas (well actually, a ranch in Gonzales)
11. Purchased a new computer!!
12. I am officially 33 weeks pregnant and rather uncomfortable!!

After returning from an amazing family Easter, my agenda continues to be maxed out with doctors appointments, making meals for others, signing escrow paperwork, getting the baby's room ready, Steve's swim meets and fund raisers. My itinerary is jam packed. After an evening of overdoing it, my body said enough is enough. Contraction after contraction (just Braxton Hicks of course) and a trip to the doctor, I was told to slow down and take it easy.

So, here I sit...doing nothing but typing on my iMac and trying to take it easy. Carson is sleeping. My mom just finished planting flowers in my front yard and is now washing my dishes and cleaning my kitchen.

And, I sit.

4 comments:

Deaners said...

Great entry. Man you are one busy lady.

Amanda Evans said...

Sweet! Yet another convert! I just bought my new MacBook this week. I now own 3 of them! Our iMac desktop is the 20 inch, which seems so small compared to those new 24 inch ones! Wow! Anyway, have fun learning all the cool things. You will LOVE iMovie! And, the new iPhoto 09 is great with the faces and places stuff. Also, now you can do an iweb page! It is was easy! And lastly, did I tell you about my new business plan? check it out at www.slideshowdvds.com I'm still building the site....

KristiR said...

You're life will soon be filled with LOTS of excitement! Take the time now to enjoy what may not seem to be quiet time now. In 5+ weeks, you will be up at 4am with little Mr. Brady wishing that you were still sitting in front of your I-Mac....instead of tending to a new born and a toddler! Enjoy this time!! Don't fight it!

Team Hayes said...

#6 - really? Is that good news?