Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pregnancy un-Bliss


I complain a lot about being pregnant.

I have a dear friend, Kristi R, that constantly tells me to blog about being pregnant in hopes that it will encourage me to never want to be pregnant again. I don't know what it is about being pregnant but I really don't enjoy it. Some mothers absolutely love being pregnant as they grow a baby in their belly. I just feel uncomfortable, miserable and tired and I don't enjoy any moment of it.

I am now officially 35 weeks and on the home stretch but feel like time is standing still. The baby's room is not finished (actually, it is hardly started). We ordered furniture and bedding that has yet to arrive. I had my hopes on putting a brick wall in the nursery but the cost outweighed it's coolness. The blinds I wanted were also discouragingly more that I wanted to spend as well. So, the room sits with an aero bed and Carson's hand-me-downs scattered everywhere.

I make an attempt everyday to try to not be so negative, however my tired body and mind takes over and controls my thoughts. I look forward to meeting Brady and holding him in my arms rather than my tummy. I know sleepless nights and sore nipples are in my future but I also know that looking into the eyes of a newborn baby will make it all worthwhile.

1 comment:

grace said...

you are beatiful pregnant, carson will make a great brother again, for the new baby,