Saturday, April 25, 2009

Status Update: What's on your mind?

I think I have finally got it figured out. I have been compulsive and completely obsessive with status updates on Facebook. I was recently thinking that my addiction was not healthy. I wondered why it seemed that I had to narrate every hour of my daily activities.

Then it hit me.

Here I am... a stay at home mom who's main human interaction on a daily level is with a two year old little boy named Carson. Facebook has become my outlet to the outside world. I strive off of clever updates from others and live to tell my story through 140 characters or less. It is my voice to be heard, regardless who listens. It brightens my day when someone leaves a comment because it makes me feel as though someone is listening. Someone is actually interested in what I am doing.

So for now, I will continue to frequently update my status as my daily therapy. I will no longer judge myself as a hopeless sole with nothing better to do.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I follow you!!

As a far away cousin/friend, I love to hear about what you are up to!