Saturday, February 26, 2011

99 Bottles of Wine on the Wall...

... Take one down, pass it around,
98 Bottles of wine on the wall.

Well, OK... Maybe not 99 bottles but I should have bought more than just 12.

Yes... I have been quite the WINO lately.... and YES, by both standards apparently.


I have been known to complain,

AND...

I like to drink wine.

It's no secret.


And as of lately, I have been having a real hard time keeping Chardonnay in my house. For some reason, I buy it and it miraculously disappears. Not quite sure but I have an idea.... or a rather large hunch as to how this happens... Let's just say, I am a rather great hostess.

This leads me to my story. A friend of mine mentioned that Walgreens had their wine on clearance. Not just on sale... BUT CLEARANCE. Yes, I know all you cousins reading this KNOW what the word "clearance" means. But on wine? Really?

I mean who clearances wine unless it is old and well... shitty wine? Evidently, Walgreens does. Not really sure why. Maybe a little overstock? But what ever the reason, I quickly ran on my merry way to Walgreens to reap the benefits.

And the result stands as such... I purchased 12 bottles of wine for $44.20 my friends.

That's an average of $3.68 per bottle.


Let's get serious, we are not talking Rombauer status or anything here but...

Sterling, Edna Valley, Chateau St Jean, and La Crema were among the few name brand chardonnays in my shopping cart.

I mean really?... $4.23 for a bottle of La Crema Chardonnay??

YEP!

Best part is... check out the "Total Savings" at the bottom of the receipt - $136.32!!!

And I ONLY bought 12 bottles??

What the hell was I thinking?

UGH.


I need a glass of wine...


No comments: