Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seeking 125...

Dearest 125,

I recently announced on Facebook that I am having an affair with Jim... spelled GYM. Well, to be perfectly honest, I am just using him. I am using him as a piece of meat, or should I say a piece of celery, to get to you. Yes, I know it has been a while since I have longed for your love and affection but I'm back on the trail to seek your attention.

You see, I haven't forgotten the comment my "wonderful husband" made a while ago. It lingers in the back of my mind. And with that being said, I have set out some goals and have enlisted some friends to help me to meet you once and for all!!

Goal 1: March 26, 2011 - The Big Sur Mud Run
Team: We don't know yet...

Big <span class=



Goal 2: April 16, 2011 - Millerton Lake Triathlon
Anyone want to join me??


Exhibit Friends A, B & C: Meet my new running shoes and their trusty companions...

Nike Free. Best shoes. EVER. Yes, they are an obnoxiously ugly pink, but my other option was purple. And those who know me, know I hate purple. But the best part is that little piece of goodness that fits under the sole in my left shoe... Nike + iPod. Yep, it is a GPS device that tracks my running, tells me my time and distance while syncing to my iPod. There is even a dude that talks to me while I run. I pretend that he is totally hot. It motivates me to run faster.



Exhibit Friend D: Miley Cyrus
Would you still be my friend if I told you that "Party in the U.S.A." is one of my favorite workout songs? Well it is. So be it.




So there, 125. There you have it. I think you are damn sexy and I am back in business to rekindle our friendship. I realize that reconnecting with you is a shallow attempt to feel good about myself. But if it encourages my overall efforts to exercise and be healthy....

So be it.

Here's to you 125.

Until we meet again.

Devotedly,
Patty Lyn Schmidt


2 comments:

robin said...

oh 125...

i, too, long to see 125 again. last year i was five pounds away, FIVE pounds! then i found out i was pregnant and instantly gained 60 pounds.

now i have 20 more to go (depressing!) and i wish i could do some of those races with you...

Jen (and Zac) said...

I have the little Nike iPod thing for my shoes too!! I love when you break your personal record and Lance Armstrong, or some other totally athletic person comes on and congratulates you! It makes me want to try harder to see who it will be next! (Is Miley your "power song?"