Sunday, May 24, 2009

Induction Time

Wow.  I can't believe that tomorrow is actually the day that I am finally going to give birth to another baby boy!!  I have been waiting for this day for a long time now.  Well, actually 9 months to be exact.  

My thoughts and feelings are quite overwhelmed.  I am not sure how to feel.  I am excited to meet Brady.  I am relieved that this day has finally come.  I am curious to see what he looks like.  I am nervous about being induced.  I am in complete ahhhh that I have a baby in my belly that I am going to welcome into this world.  A true miracle.

However, I do have to admit a little something.   As much as I have been waiting for this day to come, the scheduled induction has put a damper on the situation.  I have been waiting for months for this time to come.  With every day that passes there is a sense of anticipation and excitement that comes with not knowing when or how labor is going to begin.  All that anticipation has been stripped.  I am so excited to finally be relieved of the pain and discomfort of being pregnant and overjoyed to finally get to meet little Brady, but yet my feelings lack that element of surprise.  Now I understand how some mothers who have cesarians sometimes feel robbed of the experience to give birth.  It shatters one's expectations.  I try not to have expectations for fear of falling short of them.  I am trying to allow this situation to not be any different.  

With that being said, I am just going to concentrate on getting ready to welcome a baby boy into this big world that is so anxiously awaiting him.


 

2 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

Dude, did I miss something? Why are you being induced? You aren't overdue, right?

Stacey said...

TIme to update the blog, jeez. You aren't busy, right?