Thursday, November 12, 2009

All Aboard the Patience Train

After reading Cousin Stacey's Blog, I felt that I needed a little blog session of my own to express my recent thoughts, feelings and activities. (PS, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last post, er... Rant).

Well, life with a 5 month old and an almost 3 year old has been quite, as Stacey would put it," TRYING". I have been stressed out and on the verge of a mental breakdown until just recently when I decided to take a different approach on life because I just couldn't take it any more.

Something had to change.

I couldn't live like that any more.

I am a stay at home mom with two beautiful children. So, I recently made a clear acknowledgement to myself that I needed to enjoy and devote more time to these amazing children. They are growing too quickly and I really need to embrace this time while they are young. So here I announce my deep breath and say "OK" when Carson wants to go to the bathroom for the 6th time in an hour or wants to read 13 books before nap time. We are getting creative with our activities and I am spending less time on the computer.

How is this different than what I had been doing, you wonder?

I used to let these children stress me out. Granted, I am sure to have those days, but hopefully not as often.

I am trying to learn patience. Not my virtue.

When I am with my children, I am devoting my time to them.

When I am by myself, I am devoting time wholly to myself.

And when I am with Steve, I plan to devote my time to him.

I speak of Steve in the future tense because we really haven't had our usual quality time together. That is one thing that I have always prided myself on, making time for my husband. I feel that is what makes our marriage so strong. However, lately, I feel as though we have been lacking in that department. That quality time is just harder with two children. Don't get me wrong, our marriage is still strong, but I am in serious need of some quality STEVE-TIME!!

In the meantime here is an update on my quality time with my children.

All Aboard the Patience Train.

On Tuesday, Mase (Heather), Grant, Angela, Camden, Carson, Brady and I took Amtrak from Fresno to Hanford for lunch at Superior Dairy. We had an amazing day!!


Carson and Grant waiting for the train that was 45 minutes late.



Carson and Grant excited to ride the train.



Brady with some love from Grandma Tjerrild.



Superior Dairy
Home of the most amazing ice cream in the world!!


Well, now I am off to hold true to my vows and spend some time with my children, less on the computer and also pack for a mini scrapbook retreat in Shaver!!! Here's to some ME time tomorrow and getting some scrapbook pages completed. Good bye with 2008!!!

2 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

Good post! Patience is hard, especially with two boys. Just wait til Brady is keeping up with Carson...then you will REALLY be having fun! :-)

Stacey said...

Yay for your encouraging blog! Let's keep each other motivated: you are good enough, smart enough, and doggone-it, people like you :) Especially me!