Friday, November 20, 2009

Let the Festivities Begin!

I have never been a fan of the holiday season. This time of year has always been a time of stress and havoc for me. I grew up with divorced parents and always had to bounce back and forth between households. I loved spending time with the Tjerrild Family but hated leaving my mom alone.

Then I married a man with a son and divorced parents of his own. Between his mom, dad, real dad, real dad's girlfriend, my mom, my mom's boyfriend, my dad, step mom and Devin, there are practically 423 Christmases to celebrate and 765 presents to buy!! OK, maybe my numbers are a little exaggerated but you get the picture.

One year, Steve and I even tried to run away to Hawaii for Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to choose who to celebrate with. My dad and Debbie showed up in Hawaii. It was wonderful, but you see my point.


This year I have decided to make a conscious attempt to make the most of and enjoy this holiday season. I have two beautiful children and a healthy family. Carson is excited for Santa to visit and I am determined to make this Christmas extra special for him as it is the first year that he understands what is going on, kinda.

I have already started my Christmas Shopping. I sat at my computer last weekend and ordered almost all my gifts online. I still have a few more to go, but amazing satisfaction knowing that a major portion of my shopping is done. I don't have to fight the crowds at the mall!! Wooo Hooo!! The holiday season is already getting better!

I updated my calendar yesterday and realized that nearly every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from now until Christmas, is completely booked with Holiday activities such as Christmas Parties, walks down Christmas Tree Lane, Cookie Parties, Birthday Parties and even a Wedding.

Wow.

Let the festivities begin!!

2 comments:

Deaners said...

Shall I send you my amazon.com wishlist now or after Thanksgiving?

robin said...

i chuckled to myself reading your comment on my blog about what carson said! that is too adorable...i love it!

oh, and by the way, i love your last post, i just forgot to comment. you really are right on there. it takes a lot of effort to really be in the moment. i admire you...