Thursday, November 5, 2009

Running in Circles


"Mommy, wear these shoes. They are my favorite." -Carson

Before children I was the girl who always wore the high heels. I remember being 9 months pregnant, two days before Carson was born to be exact, having lunch and shopping with Kristi R in Fig Garden Village, wearing high heels. I am a firm believer that your butt always looks better in a pair of heels. (No pun intended... "firm". )

However, two children later, I have become a fan of wearing gym shoes in public. I now wear them all the time! Comfort over style has become my mentality.

UNTIL...

Yesterday, I was watching Oprah. Yes, Oprah. It was the shoe and handbag extravaganza episode. They made it very clear that the gym shoes needed to stay at the gym, and I was left feeling like a complete fashion faux pas.

So, here and now, on my blog platform, I am declaring to you and only you, because I am sure that you are the only ONE who reads this, that I will no longer wear my gym shoes anywhere other than the gym.

I will find trendy, comfy "other" shoes to narrow the gap from comfort to stylish.

2 comments:

9M (nine months & beyond) said...

Do flip flops count as gym shoes? Are they "stylish"?

Amanda Evans said...

Wear your sneakers! Don't let Oprah influence you, PLEASE! There is some lame crap on that show and I think that if you feel comfy in your sneakers, then WEAR THEM!!!