Friday, January 29, 2010

Me... Real and Uncensored

I might lose all 6 of my followers with this post but, I told myself from the beginning that I blog for me, followers and comments are a perk.

If you don't want to learn things about me that you don't want to know, I suggest you stop reading immediately.


Still reading?? Really? You can't say that I didn't warn you.


Cathy Zielske might have her Tales from the Scale, but my diary reads... Dear 125.

A couple things are going on it this mind of mine.

I was first intrigued by a certain half marathon thru the Salinas Wine Country, only later to learn that the date was rescheduled for August 7, 2010, the same date as the Tjerrild Family Picnic.

Second. I recently got into the pool and swam a couple laps while thinking, I should do this more often. At the same time, memories of Steve's swim meet from last spring began to fill my brain and I gained this desire to join the Master's swim team.

Thirdly, I have been attending spin class at the local gym and recently went on a 22 mile ride with my brother up Auberry Road to Sheri's Roadhouse and back.

Side note: I borrowed a bike from Rubber Soul for my bike ride. They put clip peddles on the bike. Needless to say...I clipped in, a car drove by, I couldn't clip out and totally ate shit! Scratched up the bike and all. Opps! Steve might have to buy the bike for me now. Could that have secretly been my plan all along... hmmmmm.?

Now looking back, do you see the pattern?

Run

Swim

Bike

Yes, visions of a Triathalon are dancing in my head.


Ok... and that leads us back to Dear 125. Here's what I am hoping... that on my quest to accomplish a triathalon, I will find one twenty five!!

So, the purpose of my blog entry finally comes around.

This is me right now, today.


You see... I have a certain photo op in mind for this year's Christmas card that might include a bikini. Here is my plan to be ready...

  • I plan to eat healthier and include fiber in my diet. Yes, I need the fiber for a healthy bowel system. (See, here you go, learning things about me that you may not have wanted to learn.)
  • Exercise (obviously)
  • Remember to take my Thyroid medicine that I am required to take EVERY day, my life depends on it and sometimes I forget.
  • And SEX. I seriously think it is important to have a healthy sex life which in turn promotes a healthy marriage. And the inverse is also true, a healthy marriage promotes a healthy sex life, but for now we are focusing on the sex. (Again, more than you probably wanted to know about me, but let's face it, I am happily married and I am comfortable talking about it.) Especially after TWO children, I feel the need to make the extra effort to make the time for sex.

To help me remember and track these daily (or not so daily) accomplishments, I have created a chart that I have adhered to my bathroom mirror. Sort of a personal tally system.

Here is a look up close:


Yep, complete with the date, checks for the daily accomplishments and even a letter to describe the type of exercise (ie: S-Swim, B-Bike or R-Run). And that big number 136 off to the side. That is my current weight. I am going to weigh in at the end of every week and post my number to the side of my calendar. Hopefully the trend of a declining number will appear in the margin.

Well, here it is, right here in writing, for the world to see and hold me accountable.

My quest has begun.

3 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

I love the SEX calendar. Yeah, mine is blank for a LONG time. UGH! love ya!

Team Hayes said...

I'm copying you. Not the blog (though maybe in the future), but the calendar. I am going to do the exact same thing, minus the hormone pills and the bike riding. I'm doing my first (small) biathlon (5k+1000m swim) in four weeks, then a 5k, then a 10k, then another biathlon, then the half marathon! The exercise, eating, and sex accountability is a good thing to keep track of on paper, so you can SEE the progress (on paper, if not yet in the mirror). Also, I'd be just silly to look for 125, so I'm going to try to find 140. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Sex is only crossed out once!