Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When Pigs Fly


"Thinking again?" the Duchess asked, with another dig of her sharp little chin.
"I've a right to think," said Alice sharply, for she was beginning to feel a little worried.
"Just about as much right," said the Duchess, "as pigs have to fly...."

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 9.



You see, I have this friend... We will call her, Suzanne. At one time (just last week actually), she thought I was a crazy scrapbooker and didn't understand how I could spend time at weekend scrapbooking retreats.

Then it happened. It first started with a text message that read:

"Ok. I'm about to say something really weird. And shocking. You may want to sit down for this. I think I want to try out scrapbooking."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought. I'll believe it when I see it. Never imaging it would actually happen. I mean really, how could it? She was soooooo opposed to the idea and never believed that she was creative enough.

Then it REALLY happened. I received a phone call yesterday that said, "I'm coming over, I want to scrapbook. I am at target buying an album. See you in a few."

My phone fell to the floor. I picked it up to make sure it was working correctly and continued home.

And there she was, waiting at my house when I got home, scrapbook in hand, ready to go.

After a settling a few minor details (ie... getting pictures, ink for printer, putting kids to bed, etc...), Suzanne completed her first very own scrapbook page...


Then her second...

Then her third....


I think this girl is a natural.

5 comments:

Kristen Long said...

Those are beautiful!!! Yes she is a natural!! Hope to see more pages! Great job Suzanne!

Suzanne Jenkins said...

I think this may be my favorite blog post of yours EVER. A perfect combination of Alice in Wonderland, scrapbooking, and me all in one post! I owe everything I know (which isn't much) to you! Love you!

Stacey said...

Super cute! I see more alcohol involved in our next scrapbooking weekend...

luv2cr8 said...

Has she seen Stacey's page about Suz yet???? Looking forward to the next girls scrapbooking weekend! I miss you guys.... Barbara

Amanda Evans said...

Awesome pages! Way to go, Suz! BTW, who is the boyfriend? Is it the guy from Salas that Stacey was trying to set you up with?