Monday, September 14, 2009

C is for Cathy Zielske

Shame on you Stacey for introducing me to the one and only, Cathy Zielske. OK, no shame should be given, only pure thanks. Following Cathy, actually more like stalking her, has opened my world to a whole new level of creativity.

I recently took her class, Everyone Can Write a Little. That class allowed me to tell my story in 140 characters or less. I posted every thought about pregnancy and the play by play of Brady's delivery onto my Facebook account. From there I was able to make a scrapbook of my status updates to have forever. Pretty cool!

I am so addicted to Cathy Zielske that I read her blog daily and decided to take yet another class of hers. Little did I know all that I was going to get from this class. It is call, ME the Abridged Version. It is an ABC book about me. I get to tell MY story and learn to use Photoshop in the process. Super exciting.

Here is an excerpt from my latest entry:

Zzzzzzz
Sleep is completely a thing of my past. I recall in my younger years being able to sleep in until noon with not a care in the world. I am NOT a morning person by any means. I wake up grumpy on a regular basis and always want to pull the covers over my head and beg for “just 5 more minutes.” However, with two young children, my days of sleeping in are only a vague memory. I rise but am not so shiny at all hours of the night and I am up during the wee hours of the morning. I am currently envious of those who get a full night sleep on a regular basis, or even those who have had one night with 8 hours of continuous sleep in the last 4 months. I love my children. They are worth every ounce of pure exhaustion that I experience. As the expression goes, “you can sleep when you are dead.”
Also see: Coffee

No comments: