Friday, September 11, 2009

Photography

That's it... I am completely obsessed with photography. I want to become a photographer. I want to take classes and learn to become better with my camera. I am obsessed with looking at photographers online and criticizing their work. My current idol is:

http://michelletandyphotography.blogspot.com/

I was practically in tears yesterday over photographing my children. When Carson was born I signed up to do the "Panel Program" with a local studio called Village Studios. They have been around for a while and are quite well know. They do very "classic" studio work with simple white backdrops. You schedule 3, 6, 9, and 12 month portraits with them. I felt that because I had Carson's first year pictures from them that I should have Brady's done as well. When I walked into the studio yesterday, I wanted to cry. Village Studio does beautiful work but it is totally NOT my style. So why did I fork out the bones to have Brady's pictures taken anyway??? Not sure.

But now I am on the look out for a new photographer. I thought I found one here locally, but come to find out that she is ridiculously expensive! UGH!! That's when I decided that I just need to learn to do this myself.

Here are a few of my recent favorites:


2 comments:

Stacey said...

These photos are B-E-A-U-TIFUL. You should just be a photographer. Start charging Steve for taking such fantastic shots of his kids.

Deaners said...

Yo Patty, don't sell yourself short. You've got a good eye and it will only get better with every shot you take. I think scrapbooking helped you in many ways in that department. The next time you are on flickr explore other peoples' pictures to generate ideas. I get hung up on not having the greatest equipment in the world but when I look at the graduation photo of Stacey and her dad that I took on my old 35mm Minolta 3xi, I don't feel too bad.

http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/