Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pines Village Bakery

This weekend, Steve and I spent Friday night at Bass Lake, kid less!! We enjoyed an evening at the pines bar playing liars dice and mingling with the locals. Saturday we attended the annual Bass Lake Home Tour. This year's event pleased us beyond our expectations.

We walked to the Pine Village to pick up our tickets and get our map for the self guided tour. While in the Bass Lake Realty sales office, Steve joking asks if the Bakery is for sale. Steve and I have always talked about how we would love to buy the bakery/ice cream shop if it were to ever be for sale. Having a bakery has always been a long time dream of mine. I didn't realize that I would be faced with a truly life changing decision at such an early age.

For the rest of the afternoon we toured some pretty cool homes at Bass Lake and met many of our local neighbors. However, my mind wouldn't leave the idea of possibly purchasing the Pines Village Bakery.

As much as this is a task that I would love to take on, I not sure if the timing is right in my life. I have two little boys to think about. Running a seasonal bakery at Bass Lake would require me to work LONG hours every day of the entire summer. My boys are still little and need me more than ever. I plan to make some phone calls this week to explore a bit further the option of owning my dream business before making a such a life changing decision.

No comments: