Thursday, September 17, 2009

V is for Victory

Today's question is:

You are going to a desert island for the rest of your days. Excluding people, what five things do you take and why?

Steve's answer is:
1. A bucket
2. Ice
3. Corona's

Spoken from a true man.
Here's what I would take:

1. Cribbage Board - Assuming there is someone there for me to play with, I could play cribbage for hours to keep me occupied.
2. Camera - I would enjoy taking pictures of the desert island to perfect my photography skills and to document my last days on the island!!
3. My pillows and down comforter - Gotta sleep in comfort right? (hope that doesn't count as 2 items)
4. My Computer - There's gotta be a wireless network somewhere. I would be lost without my computer and communication to the outside world. I don't need a phone as long as I have a computer.
5. Wine - Yep, to help the days go by nice and easy.

Speaking of Cribbage, here is the latest entry in by book: ME the abridged version:
VICTORY
I find the single most gratifying victory in winning a simple game of Cribbage. Cribbage is a game that I have been playing for as long as I can remember. It is a game of some skill and mostly luck as you play cards, hope for the cut and move little pegs around the colored track. My favorite is to challenge my dad or husband and ultimately skunk them. I am not the best loser so it’s a good thing that I don’t lose that often.


I just had to add this picture of the boys because I thought is was soooo stinkin' cute!

2 comments:

Deaners said...

You need this cribbage board.

http://www.rei.com/product/775706

Stacey said...

I would take my beach towel, a book, ice cold water/beer, sunglasses, and a bathing suit. Nah, no bathing suit :)